January Sales - Furniture Buys

tara83

Hi,

I am hoping to have closed on my first house purchase before Christmas but I was wondering if I would be better waiting for the January Sales to buy items such as beds etc. Are they generally reduced by much?

Hi, I would definitely wait, it is only 6 weeks away until the January sales start and you can get up to 70% off, great deals on beds, bathrooms, basically everything is reduced, generally by checking around you will more than likely get a bargain in some place on whatever it is that you require. Sale deals vary in shops. I am going to wait plus want to check out Ikea Belfast aswell, hopefully they do a sale but will see anyway.

Also bear in mind that in order for to legally have a "sale", the furniture has to be on sale at the higher price for 28 days in the last 12 months.

This time of year (well mostly December) is typically high price period in most retail terms.

Now is the time to shop around and make a note of the furniture you are interested in - the assistants are usually very helpful with information if you visit on a quiet day. They may also let you know if your desired item will be in the sale so you can turn up early to grab your bargain.

Back