Jamaica anyone travelled from ireland?

gar123

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone has travelled from here to Jamaica on a holiday finding only details from londona nd based in sterling

was wondering if anyone used companies here or ideas on prices

cheers

i'm thinking of heading to jamaica in march for the cricket world cup, so i've been checking out options to get there and i've yet to find anything from ireland. i've looked at www.charterflights.co.uk for flights but obviously they're from the UK. Flights with Aer Lingus to New York are cheap at the mo and you could fly from there to Jamaica relatively cheaply either. I'm not sure if any charter flights go from Ireland directly. Best of luck with your search.

I went to jamaica but just booked flight to chicago and then onwards to jamaica so no info from ireland

I went via Manchester with Airtours package - dirt cheap option with quick and easy connection - flight only c. £150 + tax. Charter flight quality of course. Don't think there is a charter flight starting from Dublin - unless Budget have added one and their previous long hauls haven't gone too well - Thailand, Mexico etc. so pretty unlikely.

i've checked out www.mytravel.com for flights to montego bay and it's fairly reasonable - in march it's £350stg. Nearly fell off my chair when they were looking for £17stg for the meal option though! Anyone else used them for long-haul flights?

i've checked out www.mytravel.com for flights to montego bay and it's fairly reasonable - in march it's £350stg. Nearly fell off my chair when they were looking for £17stg for the meal option though! Anyone else used them for long-haul flights?

Think I went to Goa with them from Manchester, it's exactly what you'd expect. They sell upgrades at check in to some sort of premium section for up to £100. And the guy at the check in in India did it for a sly £20.
I wouldn't bother with the 10 Euro meal, bring your own stuff instead. It's only 10 hours out, 7/8 back to Montego Bay anyway. £350 seems quite high, the price drops as it gets closer, we got Jamaica incl. New Year with decent accommodation for about £220 or so. Look at their last minute prices for an indication. Sometimes it's cheaper to book with alloc on arrival accommodation instead of F/O, remember to tell the holiday rep on arrival you won't be using the accommodation as it wreaks havoc when they think they lost someone since arrival Your fellow tourists get pretty annoyed too, allegedly!