Jaguar X-Type Estate - Opinions?

tufty1

Morning folks, thinking of purchasing a 2006 2.2l deisel version and there seem to be quite a few around. I know they stopped making the X-type last year, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?
I know nothing about them and would be replacing my BMW 320d touring sport(2005) for one. Thanks.

I'm assuming the recent sunday times article has started your thinking, but in case not, link

Yeah Tiger, thats what got me going. They look great but my only reservations are re-sale value and the 'mondeo' thing! Do people really think 'mondeo' looking at them? The ones I've found in the UK seem very resonably priced when compared to a 2006 BMW 320 Touring or the Audi A4 Avant.

It's a good car. A great car in V6 format but you're looking at the front wheel drive diesel - not as nice but still good I'd imagine with a decent engine.

At the end of the day it's a snobby estate you're looking for. The Jag has a great badge...and it's a quality car. Look at the practicalities of it (as an estate) over the rivals and make your choice. Yes...some people in the know will know it's a Mondeo chasis underneath...but then those same people will know that the Mondeo is a great car :)

It's a fine car, no question, though looks aren't to everyone's taste. As for the Mondeo thing, that's a fine car too, as anyone who has one or knows them will tell you: the only significant thing wrong with it is that it has the "wrong" badge.

As for the Jag, the only real disadvantage is likely to be depreciation: you'd want to get it for a pretty good price, keeping in mind its resale value down the line won't be anything like that of a similar BMW or Audi.

Very hard to find an Irish one. Jaguar sold about 10 of them here. Might have a better chance in UK. Will be difficult to unload in the future. Agree with high depreciation.

Back