iTunes not working?

ragazza

Hi,

I've had a i-pod for the last while, and am now trying to use I-Tunes to download music.

Whenever I go to "Music Store", I get the following error message:
"Could not complete the Music Store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connecton and try again".

I have tried this hundreds of times and different times of the day, and always get this error message. I cant believe the store is always busy, so the problem must be my end!
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have installed I-Tunes as normal, and use it fine to manage the music I already have. I-Tunes was not my default music player, but in case this made a difference I made it the default, but I still get the same error message.
Could it be a security firewall (I'm trying to access from work)?

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Ragazza.

Re: I-TUNES not working.

Could it be a security firewall (I'm trying to access from work)?
This looks like the obvious problem/solution.

The firewall may block all outgoing traffic from non trusted software, and without adding iTunes to the trusted/allowed/(depends on the firewall the term used) it may block the connection.

Hi,

I'm very embarassed to admit it, but the problem was that I wasnt logged in! Because when I open I-Tunes, this error comes up automatically, so I didnt think of loggin in!

Now, I am logged in, but have a different problem, that perhaps someone with I-Tunes can help me with.

When I choose the song, and select "buy song", a message comes up saying that since it is my first time to buy with this user id, I need to update my payment information.

The payment information screen comes up, but I cant navigate around it to fill in the information. I.e. mouse clicking on a box (to fill in my credit card details for example) doesn't select the box. Instead I have to tab, which moves from entry field to entry field.
BUT, the problem is that tab only goes to some of the entry fields! For example, it skips over "CC expiry date" so I cant fill it in.
Also, there is a bit at the top of the screen which says to click here if your address is outside the US. Mouse clicking does nothing, and tab (or alt-tab / ctrl-tab etc) does not bring me to this section.

Has anyone else had this problem, and know how to fix it?

Thanks a mil,
Ragazza.

Strange....are you in Ireland ? I had to select the Irish Itunes store in order to set up the account. It was straightforward from there.

Be careful in case your PC has been infected with some sort of virus/malware/phishing junk!! Might be worth checking in case they containing anything of relevance. Don't update any details or enter any personal information until you are sure that everything is OK!

Thanks for the replys.
Yes, I didnt even think of phishing, and the screen is asking for all my credit card details.

I've progressed a bit, in that now I have updated my details on the Apple Site, so when I come to buy a song, I still get a message saying that my payment details need to be verified, and the information which I had entered on the Apple site, appears (but I still cant navigate around the screen to verify the details).
Did anyone else have this experience?

Anyway, I'll contact Apple Help to check the procedure.

Ragazza.