Itunes Album Art

Randy

Hi,

does anyone know how to add album art to Itunes library. I've tried clicking on 'add album art' and it processes the request, however, no artwork appears on screen! I know its a touch anal wanting the album art, but you have to agree its better than looking at blank info when listening back!!!

You're quite right. It's so much more interesting to see the album art as you listen to your music. This is how I add album art.

1.. I create a folder on my desktop called Album Art.
2..Using Google images, I save images to this folder.
3..In iTunes I highlight relevant track(s), select File/Get Info. Then I double click on the square where album art should appear. This opens a browser window. I then locate the saved image, double click on it. It now appears within the square in iTunes and I click Ok. Done! I suggest you try it on one track ffirst and see how you get on. Good luck. I've gone through this procedure for 30gig of music!

Thanks Nolo, that does work, although it seems a VERY long winded way of doing it also the image quality isn't fantastic, any other suggestions?

thanks

I found good images in amazon.com.
Select your songs in itunes and if you keep have the amazon browser on the right side of your screen, but you can still see part of the album image.
Just click on the image and without taking your finger off the mouse button, drop it into the 'Drag Album Artwork Here' box in itunes.

Thanks Nolo, that does work, although it seems a VERY long winded way of doing it also the image quality isn't fantastic, any other suggestions?

thanks

Have you installed the latest version of iTunes? It did this a couple of weeks ago and was able to click to download the album art. It took a while but got about 95% of my collection. The fact that you have an Add Album Art option leads me to believe that you have the latest version. Don't know why it's not working for you. I don't have iTunes on my pc here, and it's actually on a Mac at home so maybe it's a Mac-only feature?

the image quality isn't fantastic, any other suggestions?

thanks

when you do a google image search, change the image size tab to medium or large images. narrows down the choice a bit but then select the biggest image and open it up, then drag that in.

if you just drag the thumbnail, the image size is tiny.

No, it definitely works on Windows iTunes as well.

Apparently, the Album Art feature was a bit buggy when first introduced in iTunes V7.0 but is better in V7.0.1 so it would be worth updating.

This is now bugging me, I downloaded most recent version of itunes last week. I don't really want to go to trouble of drop n' drag images to a few hundred albums, just don't have the time! I'm obviosuly missing something as said before itunes tells me its processing the album art when I click on that option...I presume the artwork should appear automatically....am I wrong??