Its Stuttgart again!

colc1

Well guys its Stuttgart for the Germany game. Brings back fond memories of maybe our greatest ever day in football terms!!

Playing in WC QFs 2 years later was surely our greatest ever day in football terms?

In so ways, but we were just gracious in defeat, after we should have taken the Italians

My point is that reacing the QFs of the WC was the pinnacle of our footballing success to date by any objective measure.

ClubMan said:
My point is that reacing the QFs of the WC was the pinnacle of our footballing success to date by any objective measure.

'Objective' and 'football' are mutually exclusive in my humble opinion ;).

ClubMan said:

Yeah I agree with you in some ways but we never won a game in playing time in that tournament

Does anyone actually fancy our chances of qualifiying?

Bringing back 'Breener' is hardly an encouraging sign.

Was Gary 'we all dream of a team of gary breens' Breen not in recent squads? I dont think hes ever let Ireland down apart from maybe that swiss goal at lansdowne a couple of years ago and very nice guy in talking to him once on a night out pre-macedonia when some girl had stamped her high heel on his foot in annabelles

CCOVICH said:
Does anyone actually fancy our chances of qualifiying?

I think its an outside possibility as the group are no world beaters germans are in general a bit mediocre, czechs are getting on and will have lost nedved (crucial to them)

Back