ITs offering third level courses in surfing.

Vanilla

Saw this on the tv last night. I don't know what programme it was on- I was momentarily distracted from the usual nightly rough and tumble of getting two children fed and into bed by the sight of a third level college in Sligo ( I think) offering a module in surfing.

Why wasn't this offered as part of my law degree? I think the two would sit well together. I could represent surfers all the better, knowing the ins and outs. Plus I'd know the lingo.

Just imagine the choices you could add as modules to your primary degree- jurisprudence, tort, acrobatics, land law, surfing...

Actually Mr.V informs me there is a college in France which teaches teenagers to become circus performers.

Why didn't my career guidance teacher inform me of the myriad of choices out there?

I saw the bit on tv. Yes it was Sligo IT. I think the surfing module was an elective subject on the sports and recreation management degree course.

The antipodean lecturer stated that graduates could get jobs in surf instruction and management of surf schools and um....working in a surf shop!

A friend of mine (who is a fanatical surfer) persued a masters degree in coastal enginineering in UCC because of his interest in the sport!

In the meantime some of the surf dudes in Ballybunnion might be in need of a solicitor who has a speciality in "littoral law".

Why wasn't this offered as part of my law degree? I think the two would sit well together. I could represent surfers all the better, knowing the ins and outs. Plus I'd know the lingo.

Imagine the clothes you'd wear to work, the better to make the surfers comfortable! (and the judges apoplectic!)

If you did represent surfers, would you 'wave' your fees?