It's great gas

levelpar

I had to laugh when I saw that Bord Gais were getting into the electricity business,and were offering to undercut the ESB by 10%.

How about cutting their own charges first ?

For a repair service they charge 90 euro for the first 30 minutes and 25eurofor EVERY 15MINUTES thereafter.

When you have a boiler that does not work and you have no idea what's wrong, you let the repair man in and as you watch him plod down the hall to the kitchen, you can see euro notes flying out the window.

To save time you offer to get his tools from the van as you know it will take him 15 minutes to root around for something but he declines.

Somehow the clock on the kitchen wall seems to gather speed and drops of sweat drip down your face as each 15 minutes passes. You would like to offer him tea and biscuits, being a generous person, but you know that would cost you the price of an early bird meal .

Then to spite you for not offering tea, he tells you that you need a complete new PB unit? and the cost is 500 euro.

Your wife is worried that suddenly you have gone white as a sheet and tells you lie down and let her deal with it.

you go upstairs and lie down hoping that when you wake up, you realise that it was only a dream,

ps. Has anyone ever tried to get through to the consumer complaints.? If not , try it when you have a day off with nothing to do

I don't think Bord Gais employ repairmen any more, do they? They have a list of recommended installers on their website, who don't work for BG.

I don't think Bord Gais employ repairmen any more, do they? They have a list of recommended installers on their website, who don't work for BG

If you look up Bord Gais site, you will see that they quote the prices . The repair/installers work on the Bord's figure.

If you look up Bord Gais site, you will see that they quote the prices . The repair/installers work on the Bord's figure.
Which website page are you referring to? I don't see any costs on [broken link removed] or linked pages.