iTrip frequency in the car - Dublin

elefantfresh

Got an iTrip couple of weeks ago and currently using 90.1FM in the car - sometimes the reception is perfect but sometimes its not so hot. Can anyone recommend a frequency that works best for them? Seems hard to find air space in Dublin - much easier "down the country".
Thanks

It's been a while since I used an iTrip but from memory I think I used 88.1FM (I presume you have changed to the European range, rather than the US range?).

US range? Hmmm.....As far as i'm aware, i've just tuned in the itrip and the car stereo to the same frequency.

Maybe I am using the incorrect term, but you can select either LX or DX mode - one is for the US and the other is a wide frequency range (I think from 88.1MHz to 107.9MHz). It used to be annoying having to change the frequency when you went "down the country", so I got one of [broken link removed]

I use 106.6 or 105.7, the former works country wide whereas 105.7 picks up other stations when outside Dublin (I do quite a bit of country mileage!).

It may depend on the stereo in the car as some manufacturers unikts will pick up a weaker signal and therefore interrupt your itrip.

To avoid picking up other stations make sure to disable the AF function if it's an RDS stereo as this seeks strong signals from radio stations.

Hope this works!!

This won't help you very much but I always use 90.1 as you've been doing and I've no problems with it. I get a perfect reception throughout Dublin and when I'm down the country (I'm just gloating now!). Would it be anything to do with your radio?