IT Salaries

S

SQLGuru

I have a bachelors and Masters degree and 4 years develoepr experience in VB and SQL Server in the area of Information Systems\CRM Systems. What kind of salary level should I be at?

Anyone work in a similar enviroment and willing to disclose a rough figure of their salary?
Thanks

Have you checked out any salary surveys online SQLGuru?

[broken link removed]
www.recruitireland.com/ca...manent.asp

I don't work in the same area but have learnt this about IT. You can enter a job at say 35k and within 6 months be on 50k...if you're very important to the company. A lot depends on the company too. I know people earning pittance in my old company with more experience than me...purely because the company doesn't pay well and makes everyone feel like they're lucky to have a job. Also, given the dotcom bust you'll find a lot of people on excellent salaries who got them before the bust and people with similar experience on much lower salaries...who moved jobs after the bust etc...
I suppose all of the above, bar the bust, woud apply to most industries. Don't know if any of that will help you mind you.

Thanks Piggy, yeah I have seen those surveys, but are they accurate, I was just hoping to see what what is realy on offer versus the survey figures. I agree with all you said there.

The only other thing I an think of is to trawl the list of jobs online that meet your qualifications. This will at least give you some indication as to what employers are offering someone with your qualification right now.

You could try ringing some recruitment agencies to ask them...but then the moment you mention IT to most of them their eyes tend to glaze over!

Alternatively...find yourself an IT forum somewhere and see if you get any better, more specific replies. You could start with Boards.ie. They might get more techie throughput than us few poor stragglers on AAM. You always tend to feel surrounded by accountant types here...;)

Accountants?

It is ask about money?
Not ask about servers?

Accountants are one of the professionals that work with it

Not to jump down your throat though and to make up,

What do accountants use as contraceptives?

Personality

Re: Accountants?

whats your current salary and what exactly do you do ?

Poor Salaries

Hi,

Unfortunately the salaries have taken a beating on the last few years and that especially includes experienced developers etc. Currently 50K is a very good salary for your experience but most jobs are offering less.

Business Analyst

Hi,

I have one years technology experience in London with one of the investment banks. I am about to move back to dublin to take up a job as a business anlayst. Could you tell me what kind of a salary I could expect to earn in this role? Not sure about what i am being offered....

Thanks in advance.

Back