IT contractor ltd co (p35, co accounts well over due) help with company accounts

R

rambutman

I have a limited company - and work as an IT contractor. Its just myself, the other director is my wife.

My company affairs for last year are very messy at the moment. I have not filed my p35 for 2010. Its well overdue. My company returns are late now as well. I haven't been sorting it out at all and have just let things slide with my head in the sand. I'm not sure whether I will have the full amount to pay to Revenue either but it shouldn't be far off.

Can anyone recommend a good accountant for a small business.

Thanks

Dave

I'm in the same boat and just sorting it all out now (was thrown back and forth between a few different accountants and then just left it for a while)! A poster on this forum said you won't face any penalties if you file a supplementary P35 for 2010 before June 1 (this could mean that you would have to have submitted at least a nil return in January) but I can't say that's definitely the case yet! Also don't forget about getting your personal Form 11 sorted - I didn't get one in the post but now I'll probably face a surcharge even though I have no tax liability!

You should probably state where you're located. I've found it better to have someone local so you can sit down and have a chat about things if necessary.

Hi,

Thanks for that. I work in Dublin 2 and live in Dublin 7.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

I'm an accountant working in Dublin and may be able to assist you. I've sent you a pm with some general queries if you wish to proceed, (plesae note I think the pm might have been sent twice).

Regards,

OP, if you are late filing your with the CRO, your accounts must be audited, so an accountant on its own is not good enough. You will need a registered auditor too.

Hi Op,

If you click on my username you ll see a link to the firm i work in (set as my homepage). We are based in D9 and are accountants, auditors and tax advisors amongst other things. We would be delighted to meet with you and talk about your requirements etc.

Regards,

Brian

Hi Dave, i recently carried did the accounts and tax return for an IT consultant in the same situation as you, except he was 3 years late and required an audit. His books are now up to date and was very happy with the cost.

Let me know if you would like to discuss in more detail by sending an email to info@southeastpayroll.com based in Dublin 4.

Back