IT Contractor - Accountants

simp

Hi:-

I've been reading some past posts discussing accountants for IT contractors... They are all a few years old, so just looking for any more recent opinions?

I will soon need to register as a limited company and would like someone to do all my filing and payroll, preferably with an online accounting system, for a flat monthly rate.

So far I've drawn up a shortlist of:

Prima
CXC
OSK
Noone Casey
Icon Accounting

I've spoken to most of them, gotten rates and a sense of their services - what I don't have are any recent personal recommendations... Anyone like to share any experiences?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I stopped contracting in 2001 but I was with Noone Casey for about 6 years.

My opinion is probably out of date, but at the time I found them perfectly helpful and competent. I dealt with Anthony Casey.

Your best bet by far is to get personal recommendations from friends or colleagues you can trust. Recommendations from posters here may be interesting but are of limited value unless you actually know who is making the recommendation.

I stopped contracting in 2001 but I was with Noone Casey for about 6 years.

My opinion is probably out of date, but at the time I found them perfectly helpful and competent. I dealt with Anthony Casey.

Thanks for the recomendation Bq67ie. We continue to work for professional contractors and have now developed our own online realtime accounts system I-Finance - providing Intelligent Financial solutions to contractors.