Issued a civil bill today, don't know what to do? Dont own car/home.

C

christann

Hello,

I received a civil bill today and i don't have a clue as to what to do now.

I do owe the money and i would love to pay it but i have no money at all. I don't own a car or my own home so i don't even have anything to sell.

I'm terrified of whats going to happen now.

I read all the treads which were a bit helpful but I'm still confused as to what to do.

Some advice would be very much appreciated.

+1 what Brendan has posted and I note the following -

I sat through part of a morning in a country District court recently with various bodies looking for judgements concerning debts.
Some were present and some weren't, some were represented and some weren't.

The judge in all the cases I heard issued no orders for payment in the full amount, but issued orders for payment for monthly amounts that ranged from from €150 to €250 Euros.
He seemed to be very concerned with people's ability to pay and in all cases asked what their position was and whether they were employed.

In one case the debtor attended and requested leniency and was given time to produce his statement of means.
In another he stated his means and his situation and was asked to explore supplements he might receive which could allow him pay back the debt.

You may be asked by the judge to submit a statement of means in support of your assertion of lack of income.
It might be useful to bring this to court with you if you can prove your case.

I should point out that I am not a solicitor or barrister or court reporter.
I was attending Court to support a professional colleague in seeking a judgement.

ONQ.

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matter at hand.

Back