Israeli Airport Security on departure

Rovers1901

Does anyone have any firsthand experience of Israeli airport security upon departure from Ben Gurion airport? I have heard that you should allow 3 hours to clear as they can be quite intensive with the questioning.

Has anyone been through it and what’s the view on length of time required etc.

I should add that on my trip I won't be visiting the West Bank etc or anywhere/one that might arise the ire of the Israeli security apparatus.

I was there about 10 years ago if that is any help and at that time you definitely needed to be there about 3 hours before hand. Don't cut it short i did one time and i missed my flight!!

I was there about two years ago and it took about 2 hours. Not sure if that was normal or not though.

I haven't been myself but a colleague had and it took him some hours to get through. Apparently he was told to keep receipts of hotels etc to prove his whereabouts/movements but lost a receipt and then had to endure a hefty inquisition at the airport.

Hey you definatly need to allow at least 3 hours i was there last year with work. We had docs from te company which gave us a pass through one of the secuirity checks and it still took us 2 hours. The check we didn't have to go though was a bag check and that takes a while about 90% of passangers get there bags checked.