Is this a good desktop?

ozzym

Hello, just been out looking for a new desktop and came across this - seems good but in fairness I wouldn't really know! It's €429.97 including VAT and this the spec:

Packard Bell iMedia D3318. Intel Pentium E2220 Dual -Core, 2.40 GHz, 1MB Cache, Vista, 2GB DDR2 memory, 320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm), 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7050 graphics, Dual Layer DVD rewriter, 6 x USB ports, 10/100 network LAN port. ALso includes 18.5" monitor.

I've tried to get a comparison looking at Dell but nothing on there seems as cheap as this one. What do you reckon? Thumbs up or down?

Just been doing research on the net re this model. It doesnt seem to come with an internal wireless card. Does that mean I couldn't get wireless broadband? I'd have to buy something extra for the computer?

Looks like a good deal to me.

It's not normal for a desktop pc to come with an internal wireless card.

But you can buy usb ones very cheaply.

Great, good to know that most don't come with them and that they are cheap anyway!

I would look for more memroy 2 GB is just enough for Vista

Memory is cheap so maybe not such a big deal to add later.

Thanks Frank, if I had the option to go for a 3 or 4 GB memory then you reckon that would be better? At what point would the memory be too good for other parts of the machine which I'd need to look at upgrading so as not to waste the benefits of the extra memory? Or does it not work like that? (Hope that makes sense!)

Windows 7 is due out around the end of Oct, you may want to wait until then. If not as Frank says get more RAM as the 2Gig won't give the machine much of lifetime. Go for 4 Gig

As for desktop pc with internal wireless cards, they are default now on some and are optional on others.