Is there somewhere to check out if a particular housing estate has a residents assoc?

infinity

Is there somewhere to check out if a particular housing estate has a residents association ? And who the committee members might be ?

Thanks

Re: Residents Association

Do you mean residents association or something with a more formal basis like a management company?

Residents Association are made of member within the block of flat or estate that you live in, however, I think there are rules that they have to adhere to and hold a certain number of meeting each year and inform other residents that the meeting is going to take place.

A management company is an outside organisation and they are normally employed by the landlord or landlady to carry out maintenances of the estates or block of flats.

Hope I have got it right for you but I am sure someone will let you know if this is not correct.

Teapot

Residents Association are made of member within the block of flat or estate that you live in, however, I think there are rules that they have to adhere to and hold a certain number of meeting each year and inform other residents that the meeting is going to take place.

A management company is an outside organisation and they are normally employed by the landlord or landlady to carry out maintenances of the estates or block of flats.
This is not correct. You are talking about a management agent/agency which is often employed by a management company (usually owned and run by the householders/property owners) to do the day to day management of an estate/development/complex.

A residents association has no formal/incorporated basis in most cases as far as I know and is usually just a casual arrangement between residents/neighbours.

As I do not live in Ireland and was going by what takes place in the UK and that is how residents association are run by the residents of a large or large estates the members are elected by the residents i.e. chair of the association and a treasurer and secretary and have either articles that are registered or it can be informally run, I thought that it would be the same in Ireland which according to ClubMan it is not the same in Ireland.

Teapot

Your local Councillor or Councillors may know of a resident association/group if there is one on your estate or nearby. Dublin City Council also have listings but I think they would be the bigger Resident Assocations that have been in existence for decades.

Your local Councillor or Councillors may know of a resident association/group if there is one on your estate or nearby. Dublin City Council also have listings but I think they would be the bigger Resident Assocations that have been in existence for decades.

ACRA is I think the name of the national association for residents associations. Trying googling them.
Otherwise, if your neighbourhood is like mine, you'll only find the residents association by asking the neighbours! The road reps don't seem to think of dropping in to new people who move in.

Back