Is there anyway I can lodge a/c payee third party cheque

Madilla

I have received a GBP third party cheque which is endorsed by the payee but preprinted a/c payee. This is to repay part of a debt which is owed over three years & I have been having extreme difficulty collecting . If I give back this cheque to be reissued I am afraid I will never see the monies. I have a GBP account and was wondering could I transfer it by giro from a different UK bank if I put my account details but the payee name on the giro. The debt I am owed is large & I am very doubtful that I will ever receive much more of what is owed.

The Bank should stop you from doing that but it is worth a try, if that fails just use your own banks fast lodgment service but not at your own branch, this has worked for me previously, it is more of a hassle for them to contact you, my view is based on you banking in a sterling area i.e Northern Ireland and the second party named on the cheque agreeing that they have no ownership of these funds.

If I put the account name on the giro the same as the name on the cheque but with my account details I wonder do they verify name. I would do the lodgement in ulster bank but my account is with bank of Ireland.

Back