Is there any way to hurry Eircom along for new connection?

Ceist Beag

I rang Eircom early last week to apply for a phone for our new home - it's in a small town where all our neighbours already have phone lines so it's not a new estate or anything. I was told at the time this could take up to 4 weeks to get connected and was prepared to settle for this even though I'd like to get connected sooner. I then got a missed call from Eircom so rang customer service to see what that was about and was told that it could now take up to 3 months to get connected - she mumbled something about a new estate and laying cables and even though I explained that this was not the situation I got no joy - she was only reading what was in front of her!
So is there any way I can contact someone in Eircom to try and push this forward a bit - or at least explain that it is not a new estate and be able to get some joy rather than just someone saying "The computer says no"? :rolleyes:

Hello

Sorry to relay this to you, but we applied for a phoneline in Kildare town last year and it took them 10 months to deliver!

My son applied for a phone in early January in an area where there should be no problem re wires or cables. He is still waiting and latest he heard is it could be quite a while yet. So if you get somebody to speed it up for you, Ceist Eile, would you let me know.

I thought those days were gone !! Hard to believe we are still having 1970's style delays like this.

I applied for a phone line last March and only got connected in January of this year. There were no problems on my end although Eircom did have to erect a pole (this was done in May of last year).

I spent five or six months fruitlessly ringing Eircom only to be given an extended connection date each time.

Eventually, I contacted Comreg (useless, too busy with Smart Telecom debacle), the Director of Consumer Affairs (no response) and my local TD. Two days after speaking to the local TD, the phone line was connected. (I'm not sure if this was coincidence or not)

I never, ever want to deal with Eircom again, they are without a doubt the most frustrating company I have ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

Best of luck with it but if the excuses are starting already then be prepared for a long wait. You local representative seems like your best option especially in an election year but there is probably not much they can do until you have been waiting over two months.

Back