Is there an easy way of importing contacts from old sim to new one?

Ceist Beag

I've changed phone recently from O2 to Meteor and would like to bring over all my contacts from the old phone - is there any easy way of doing this? My old phone is a Sony Ericcson and the new one is a Nokia.

old phone - copy conatcts to sim.

New phone - fit sim, copy over to phone.

I recently changed fro ma nokia to a Samsung - some of the contacts came out a little funny (i.e. additionals characters in them). But no big deal.

Thanks quinno but I don't think it will be that simple - because I'm switching networks my Meteor sim isn't valid for my old O2 phone and my O2 sim card isn't valid for my new Meteor phone! The former doesn't work as the sim card is simply not allowed and latter fails as a restriction code is requested after I enter my sim card PIN code!

If you bring both sims to a Meteor store they should have a little device to do just this. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Thanks Harvey - I went into a Meteor store where they were able to do it for me. On a side note, went into an O2 store first and they wouldn't do it for me as my new phone was not on the O2 network - talk about helpful! I pointed out that it shouldn't matter what network it's on - all I wanted was to copy from one sim card to another but all she would say was that Meteor can do it for you!

Most independant stores around can unlock your phone so you can use it on any network, and thus with any sim. My Sony phone allows me to Bluetooth my address box/contacts to another phone. All in one go.

I know it's a bit late now, but when you were on O2 if you called their customer service and asked for the unlocking code they were obliged to give it to you. You should do this with your new Meteor phone - it's handy to have the phone unlocked (unless it get's lost/stolen)

- it's handy to have the phone unlocked (unless it get's lost/stolen)
If this does happen, it probably won't matter. Because you're probably not getting the phone back anyway.
Anyway my own opinion is: people steal phones not to sell them but just to be a general nuisance.

But back to the subject - I have a Vodafone, and was told it only works with VF sims. Could i unlock my phone and get a sim for another network?

Thanks!

Any operator will usually unlock a prepay phone once a certain amount of credit has been purchased for it to cover their subsidy of the handset.

On a side note, went into an O2 store first and they wouldn't do it for me as my new phone was not on the O2 network - talk about helpful! I pointed out that it shouldn't matter what network it's on - all I wanted was to copy from one sim card to another but all she would say was that Meteor can do it for you!

A bizarre complaint in my opinion...you wander into a store you are not a customer of looking to receive a service for free and then slag them off when they don't oblige you? Would you walk into Arnotts with a shirt you bought in Clery's and ask them to stick a button on it for you?
There has to be an element of fairness

KalEl it's a 30 second job max, hardly like I was asking her to enter them manually! But hey maybe that's the way things are gone in this country, feck being helpful, if it takes even 30 seconds of my time with nothing in it for me then sorry bud, not interested! I could go on but that's probably a discussion more suited to another forum.

Back