Is there an accepted average cost/mile including depreciation?

apple1

Folks,

Trying to weigh up a job offer that requires adding significant mileage weekly to my own private car (not business mileage, just to/from the workplace). The maths for the additional petrol, vehicle service, tyre changes is simple, but is there an accepted norm for the extra burden of depreciation given the higher mileage? I reckon I'll clock an extra 20K miles per annum if I choose to accept the position and am wondering if its possible to guage this impact on the resale value of the car?? Appreciate any thoughts...apple1

you get a set amount per mile believe it 1.07 for first 7000 miles and then it goes down.

If its anything over 30 k miles, the company would be better to give you a company car

griffin is answering this from point of view of mileage expenses to cover all costs of running own car (per title of thread), but I think original poster is only looking for the depreciation element. Title of thread and content of original post seem to contradict each other.

For pure depreciation, a Euro per mile calc is not sufficient because it will depend on the value of the car. A non-scientific figure I use is that an additional 5k miles adds 20% to annual depreciation.

Back