Health Insurance Is there a price list for consultant visits or scans.

Evemcm

Hi
I have vhi cover for my son and because the public list is 2.5yrs have to look private system. I just want/need a scan for kidney function and or urodynamics.

Vhi paed clinic is 50% cover and presume from documents other hospitals full cover after I pay full consultant. It's hard to compare on price alone when no obvious price lists. Any suggestions?

Thanks

There would be no price list available, you would have to contact the consultant office directly, as they all vary from first time consult to repeat visit/consults etc

Some scan centres might have price lists online, or may have to call them directly

Affidea publish their prices for scans. Consultant fees would probably be in the range €150 to €200, but may well be more depending on who you're seeing and their location.

Hi
I have vhi cover for my son and because the public list is 2.5yrs have to look private system. I just want/need a scan for kidney function and or urodynamics.

Vhi paed clinic is 50% cover and presume from documents other hospitals full cover after I pay full consultant. It's hard to compare on price alone when no obvious price lists. Any suggestions?

Thanks
I came across this self payer price list for a Private Hospital if it is of any assistance regarding guide prices
https://autevenhospital.ie/medical-professionals/self-payer-patients/

If you are going to seek reimbursement from VHI for a scan you will need to ring them first and check where you are covered to have it done. This is a very strict rule that they have.

Back