Is there a kind of St. Beuno's in Ireland?

Godfather

Hi, I don't like the vipassana retreats because in my opinion they are too rigid and I can't bear having to repeat like a robot "I surrender to dharma" or "I surrender to Buddha" as SN Goenka likes his followers to do.

But I loved "The Big Silence" series on TV and was wondering if there is a catholic retreat centre here in Ireland that does retreats like St Beuno's in Wales (8 days of silence and prayers with possibility to talk with a spiritual guide once a day).

Thank you for any suggestion on this!

did you try Glenstal Abbey? not sure if it exactly what you are looking for but I'm sure someone there could point you in the right direction.

did you try Glenstal Abbey? not sure if it exactly what you are looking for but I'm sure someone there could point you in the right direction.

Thank Kkma, I'll try there even though the last time I called they were fully booked for 2 weekends in a row (which btw can be a good sign of an 8 days retreat!!!). Thank you, let's see!

Have a look at Mount Mellary Abbey near cappoquin co. Waterford. It's a Trappist abbey and I Know they take guests for retreat.