Is solicitor required

mangos

Hi

My partner was referred to a consultant by her GP 4 months ago for an examination in order to fulfill a requirement for life ass for a mortgage.

She explained to both doctor and consultant that she required her results urgently as without them she would not be able to get life assn anywhere.

The consultant told her he had the results and would send them to GP. She has spoken to the GP requesting her results and explaining she was worried because without them she could not embark on any medication. The doctor told her there was nothing that could be done to get the results from the consultant and the doctor felt it futile to keep phoning his office as the secretary was the only one there.

My partner was advised by the doctor to get a solicitor to write to consultant on her behalf?

Has anyone ever experienced any situation like this?
Mangos

Why not write to the IMO? Or if this is so urgent -see another consultant - someone who will issue results.

Get the actual issue resolved first - getting results from someone qualified. The decide whether to follow up.

I would not as a practising solicitor be inclined to write a solicitor's letter in these circumstances. I would regard it as unlikely to achieve an end result.

mf

Dear MF1
Thanks for your response. After my partner said she would write to the IMO first, she was told within a few hours that the results had been issed to the GP
Mangos

Hi mangos,

Is the problem here that the consultant would not issue the results to your GP?

And was the solution the suggestion of a letter to the IMO?

aj

Back