Is Sandyford Industrial Estate a nice place ?

Nicky

Is Sandyford Industrial Estate nice place to live there today ? Please share your experience, I am going to move there to rent a lovely appartment but not familiar with the area, thanks in advance

My opinion would be no. But I would never want to live in an apartment in an industial estate, so maybe it'll work for you.

Thanks Leo, the apartment is brand new and I hope it's warm in winter time also there is Luas means very easy to get city centre

On the plus side, you have good Luas connections, easy access to the Air coach as well. it has improved in recent years with the likes of Dunnes Stores, a couple of banks and restaurants opening in the estate and also a food market on Fridays.

On the negative side, nearest pub is in either Stillorgan or the Leapordstown Inn, both a fair walk (assuming you don't want to drink in hotel bars). A lot of the apprartment complexes are half empty and the place is more or less dead at the weekend. it is an industrial estate after all

Thanks Mpsox for the good news for me, could you tell me please where is a place of the Food Market ?

It's over past the Centra shop, it's more of a stalls selling curry/breads etc type of market rather then a farmers markets

Not sure if it is the Beacon area you are in but the bar in the Beacon hotel is actually quite nice and popular with locals. there is also a thai restaurant

To rent i think this is a good location - great transport into town etc.

Thank you both Mpsox and idkwatmi, yes I am going to rent not to buy, the price to buy is still very high, hopefully next year will be lower then consider to buy

I agree with Mpsox. The whole area around the Beacon is a bit dead and full of half occupied buildings. I wouldn't really fancy living there. It has the air of a place that had loads of promise but came to nothing.

If you are thinking of Beacon South Quarter, it is pretty much at full occupancy with coffee shops etc onsite and is quite nice. If it is Rockbrook (I think thats the name) beside the Luas tracks, that looks half empty alright.