Is planning permission required for a timber fence?

Askor

I will be moving into a new house in a small devolopment shortly and would like to put up timber fencing and timber gates at the entrance.
The plot size is over 1/2 acre and the entrance is approx. 50 feet wide, which is not very wide.
Is planning generally required to do this?

My house is one of the first ones finished and no other house has fencing or walls on the front of their properties.

Thanks for listening!

Not for low fencing, generally no, but you dont give any information as to whether the development is rural or city. Is this development open plan? in which case you cannot put up fencing.

First of all the answer to your question is that in the case of an establised hoise plot you can erect up to a 1200mm high to the front of the house.......but if this is a new development then you should check the planning permission granted for it and see what it says.

Most likely the new "fence" will have to be a minimum distance from the centre line of the road and there is a possibility that a fence may not be allowed. It could be conditioned on the PP that a native hedgerow to be planted.

As I said check out the PP to be on the safe side

Back