Is pebble-dashing doable by DIY?

OhPinchy

I need to get the back of our extension pebble-dashed. It's a small enough area as there's an ope for double patio doors, I'd say the area to pebble-dash is max 5 square metres.

A relative did all the plastering for the extension and has the reveals for the back done and put a scratch coat of sand and cement on too, so it's ready to be dashed. He has understandably not been able to get back to us for a while as he's just got engaged and has a lot going on so I was thinking I'd do the pebble dashing myself if it's doable.

I'm fairly handy and did most of the labour and 2nd fixing on the extension, but I've no experience with pebble-dashing. Is a highly skilled technique required like with skimming (I no my limits and skimming is something I steer well clear of!)?

I have 5 25kg bags of dashing lying around for the past good few months outdoors, but the plasterer reckoned they'll still be fine, do I need to buy new ones and what's the rough amount needed to cover 5 sq metres?
Many thanks for any tips.

Its all in the mix, add some waterproofer / wash liquid and experiment with trowelling.

Only mistake is having it too thick, so have a play ...

Back