Is my tv worth repairing

Madangan

I have a widescreen mitsubishi back diamond tv bought in 2002 just in time for saipan!!

Last weekend and again today the picture went suddenly to be relaced by firstly a thin white horizontal line in midst of darkess and today just a black screen. At the weekend nothing seemed to work but when I turned on tv next morning it was perfect. Today at about 2.45 same thing but sound was fine turned it on and off but no improvement. Now at 5.10 switched on again and lo and behold I can see Messrs Roddick and Hewitt in all their splendour again...anyone have any idea what may be happening? Is it the tube ? Is it going to die? Can I stop it happening

Any advice welcome...I can seriously not afford a new tv if this can be sorted out:confused:

Keep an eye on gumtree and dublinwaste lots of people dumping perfectly good crt tv's for the big widescreen.

If you put the word around work and mates I am sure someone will have on to get rid of should work out best for everyone.

I had the same problem with the same type of TV last year. It's an electrical part (can't remember the name of it!), a common problem with the black diamond TVs, I was told. It cost me about 130 euro to repair, which is a lot less than replacing it!

Should be repairable, id say.
As the picture in intermittent, the screen seems to b efine.
Its probably just a damaged diode or dry joint, and may be quite easy to fix.
Take it to any tv repair shop.

It`ll be a dry solder joint on either the frame output I.C. or on the scan coil connection, easily repaired in 20 mins.

Thanks guys good to know!

Shoul I get it fixed now( when its an intermittent problem) or wait till it happens more frequently? In other words will it do more damage to wait

In the case of your particular tv (black diamond widescreen) you should not run it with the fault unrectified as it`s more than likely the scan coil connection which is dry jointed and will burn a section of the printed circuit board and will do much more damage.
I usually get them in for repair after they have blown everything and the customer always says that it was `acting up` for a while before it went altogether.
If it does go `dead` then it`s a different story as they do blow quite a few components with that particular fault when left unchecked.

Well its just gone again so im thinking I better get this sorted pronto so next question...

anyone know a reputable and reasonable tv repair man in general area dub 6w..harolds cross..that collects the tv...I wont be able to bring it in as its too heavy for lil ol' me

Back