Is my DVD player dead?

birdy

I have a Lexor DVD player for a number of years, last night went to play a DVD and it says "No Disk" . I tried unplugging, pulling out the leads, different DVDS, you name it. Same thing.

Is there anything I am missing, or has it given up the ghost ?

If you have been using the DVD player regularly and it was showing no signs of giving trouble then it may be a number of things.

1) Was the DVD you put in compatible? Was it a copied DVD? Some old DVD players may only play DVD-R, others DVD+R.

2) If it was a copy DVD, was it finalised in the DVD Recorder used to create it? If not, then it won't play/be recognised in any standalone DVD player.

3) Is the DVD dirty? If its badly smudged or scratched then it might not be seen by the player.

4) If it was getting used regularly then perhaps the laser is dead on it, but normally you would notice it giving some bother before it actually packed in.

DVD players can be had from the likes of Tesco for €20 now, so hardly a cotly purchase if you need to replace it.

Many thaks for your reply, am just using regular DVDs, some part of a box set which I have watched before. I don't actually use the DVD player that much, once a month maybe but got the boxset so started using a bit more

Back