Is Money Safe in My Current Account?

Peter54

I have a relatively large debt with one of the Irish banks that I spoke about on another thread. In the coming months a sum of money will be lodged into my current account re a tax refund.

Will the said bank automatically claim the money that goes into the current account that is held with them?

I have since made an offer to the bank regards the debt I have with them and am hoping the offer will be accepted.

The funds that will be lodged into my account will be money I will require to pay my monthly mortgage if I do not obtain work soon.

Thanks Towger. Will contact TAX office first thing Monday morning to see can I change account they are lodging funds into. Hopefully there's no problem changing current account with Revenue at such a late stage.

Had arranged for money to be transferred into this account before problem with debt.

For many reasons (common sense, politics etc) I reckon none of us should leave money with any of the guaranteed cowboy banks. Move your business to your local credit union, or maybe some where like Ulster Bank.

Back