Is it worth importing campervan?

S

sandseire

Hello,
Does anyone know the ins and outs of importing a campervan from England? We are only spending 3000euro roughly and have seen some good value over there. They are all quite small but i dont know if this effects VRT etc. Please help!

You'll find all you need to know on www.type2ireland.org

Best of luck, I own a VW camper and they are the best laugh....be prepared for people stopping you in the street, kiddies waving at you, folks at petrol pumps arsking you for a look....3 K euro of Stirling?

BM

that's really the bottom end of the market, are you sure you'll even get something for that?

VRT is waived on anything over 3000kg.... you will not get anything that size for €3000 so you will be paying VRT.

there is a campervan forum on boards.ie

Fort Motors in Walkinstown sell campervans from new. They might have trade-ins? I have bought cars from them and found them very good but other than that I have no connection.

Does anyone know the ins and outs of importing a campervan from England? We are only spending 3000euro roughly and have seen some good value over there. They are all quite small but i dont know if this effects VRT

I have imported a motorhome from UK and saved about €10k. As others have said, VRT is €50 on Mhs over 3000kg, at least 5,000 miles and secondhand. I don't think you will get much for €3k except a renovation project. However, at that price, the age will probably mean that VRT will not be an issue at all. Have a look on www.ebay.co.uk and www.motorcaravanclub.net for an idea of prices. Revenue website has plenty of information on VRT, www.revenue.ie

It is worth it.

Slim