Motor Is it safe to renew my policy with Quinn Direct?

J

junokeo

My policy is due for renewal and I'm worried about the possibility of not being covered if I renew my policy with Quinn Direct seeing as they are currently in administration. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

I can say with 100% conviction that it is ok to reinsure with Quinn. They may be in administration but they are still doing business, in fact a friend of mine who works there gas told me they have withdrawn redundancy offers in there NI call centres due to high levels of business. I deal with Quinn myself during business (work insurance broker) and so far I've had no problems, besides if anything were to happen the insurance federation would have to either honour your insurance or insure you were refunded for any uncovered time. Once again it is highly unlikely they will be going bust if they are now trying to keep staff

Hope this helps Bear

100% no problem, they are reducing the numbers been made reduntant as stated and are a profitable Irish company.

All of the parties involved have always said from day one that the company was solid, profitable and secure.

It was the other companies in the group and the use of the profits that was the problem. this is now been resolved but the Insurance company is sound

Thank you both for the comments. They are really helpful. Will renew my policy with Quinn direct as it was the cheapest quotation.