is it safe to leave my cash in anglo?

Treefrog2108

hello,
I have about 12 grand in anglo that has just reached its one year mark and has been put into an easy access account. I was considering putting it into the premium demand account which is 3.1 per cent interest for the year. do you think this is wise? It saves the hassle of withdrawing it and opening an account in a new bank.

Regading the thread title, where does the question of safety come into it? Is this a thread a query about Anglo deposit safety or what is the best account for your cash?

You dont need to physically withdraw the 12K, you can get them to do an EFT to whatever current account you were funding it from in the first place.

with anglo being in the news recently and some of its members being arrested cant be good so i was thinking that maybe the bank was in trouble.

Do you know is there a charge for the eft?
thanks for the reply

No charge for EFT. Here is how to withdraw;

[broken link removed]

• Call our Personal Savings Team on CallSave1850 22 22 32 (8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays).
  • Electronic payments will only be made to your nominated bank account, as detailed by you on your application form.
  • Cheques will only be made payable to the same name as the account holder.
  • Please note that no withdrawal slips are required.
  • No notice is required for withdrawals.
Government 100% guarantee scheme upto 100K covers your cash so no safety issue.

I have some funds maturing in April. Can I call to St.Stephens Green and collect a cheque? Do I need to phone ahead first?

SS

Yeah I would assume you can just call in, I dont you need to ring ahead, as it says no notice is required. The phone method is really only to request the EFT to your designated current account.

with anglo being in the news recently and some of its members being arrested cant be good so i was thinking that maybe the bank was in trouble.

That's a bit of an understatement. Essentially the bank is bankrupt, and now state owned. The question is not whether the bank is safe, but rather whether the country is safe, i.e. able to live up to it's obligations.

Back