is it possible tp get a mortgage immediately as a brexit relocator?

anntionette

Hi, Moving back in March due to Brexit. Rents make for eye watering reading. But is it possible to immediately apply for a mortgage if relocated back to Ireland with the same company been with for 6 years? or does the bank expect the usual year worth of working history? Tho i cant see why.... I am Irish but my credit history will be in the UK the last 6 years so this could be a possible reason of waiting. What would the bear minimum be to apply for a mortgage? I would have the required deposit as well. and is there anything i can do now to speed the process along? I would be so grateful if anyone can shed a light on this, I cant find anything relative on the forum. With mouths to feed id rather not waste time renting while house prices also rise. HELP!
ps. will Irish banks EVER take into account your UK banking history?

Last edited:
AIB / Haven (their broker arm) are really the only players left in this market since BOI exited.
PTSB only lend within the EuroZone, and UB assess on case by case basis.

You'll need a salary over 75k, and they will charge Buy to let rates until you move.

thanks red onion but im confused. cant i apply for a mortgage like everyone else? or are you saying this is how you can get an immediate mortgage? i am talking about applying while resident in ireland not as UK resident. with the same job ive been in for over 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean wait until you move back?
That wouldn't be an issue. You can apply to all the banks

Back