Is it possible to remove a name from deeds, But keep it on the mortgage?

jeny

Hi I have been refused a buy out my my current mortgage provider, and whilst I am still exporing other options I wonder if anyone has had experience of removing someone from the deeds of the house, but keeping there name on the mortgage.

I do not want my Ex to have access or claim to the house, My proposal was to try and (this of course is if he agrees)

Try get him from the deeds of the house
To Sign a legal agrement stating he has not interest in the house
Get him to sign a legal maintenance agreement
Then I will continue to pay the mortgage 100 % on my own, and hopefully in another 2 years or so when the ecomomy picks up and job gets back up I can buy him out properly off the mortgage, after showing the bank that I can pay it myself.

Is this possible or am I Living in day dream world?

I dont really know what My options are, I cant seem to remortgage, If we sell we loose money and have no home, I dont want him to have a key or try and start dictating things about the house I just want to get on with my life away from him. But I cant seem to catch a break anywhere,

Any ideas from some one with a legal background?

I believe what you need is specific advice relating to a legal separation / divorce, negotiated either via mediation services or family lawyers and registered with the family law courts.

I doubt you will be able to get sufficient specific advice here, but I hope I'm wrong.

You do need specific advice, but as a general initial point, it's a standard term of mortgages that you cannot transfer/convey/assign the property without the consent of the lender. It's not really likely that they will consent to the property being put in your name unless a compelling case is made.

Your Ex might have some issues with your plan too - he has to bear the risk for no gain, and may in fact be entitled to some share of the property.

The bank Jeny.

If has contributed to the mortgage directly or indirectly he will have some legal ownership and/or an equitable interest.

Really the best advice is make an appointment with a family law solicitor.