Is it necessary to have your child baptised before they make their first holy communi

Re: Is it necessary to have your child baptised before they make their first holy com

I don't think Brontes laughing at other peoples problems. More what the people involved said/espouse
The father said on his facebook page he didn't want kids.
Palin is anti sex education, anti condoms and says young people should practice abstinence.
I think the sad thing is that the poor girl is going through all this in the glare of the media. She's going through what millions of young girls have before her but she has the added burden of the world looking on.
I also think her getting married tot he father smacks a little of political expediency.

(By the way we seem to have wandered off subject - my fault. I brought up Palin in an earlier post)

Re: Is it necessary to have your child baptised before they make their first holy com

In case anyone misunderstood me, I have nothing but sympathy for the girl, she is being given no choice now (I believe) and was probably not educated beforehand so that she might have prevented it - truly sad. A politican pawn to boot for her mother.

To go back to the original question, is it necessary to be baptised before making Holy Communion. The answer is an emphatic YES.
Baptism is what is called a universal Christian sacrament in which the individual becomes a member of the Christian church. In order to receive further sacraments, one must first be baptised.
If I was not a Christian and I hadn't baptised my children, I can't imagine why I would want my children to participate in a Roman Catholic sacrament.
Would non Jews living in Israel decide to have a Bar Mitzov just because all the other kids were doing it?

Last year I attended a Travelers wedding (don't ask), by the end there were only 5 or 6 of us in the church, including the priest. The rest were out side smoking, drinking cans or has gone down to a local pub.

If I saw that on tv I would say it was a bit far fetched...but I take your word for it.

Lets face it, religion does not matter for many people in modern Ireland.

I think Brianne's post sums it up really.