Is it discrimination to hate people who say 'super!' ?

Do that many people say it? I am racking my brains as can't think of anyone I know that says it. Having said that, I don't know many people!

To quote one of Reggie Perrins more annoying side-kicks.......

" Great !, Smashing ! , Super !"

My own personal pet hate is 'K' and used by most children/teenagers as an appropriate answer for everything! (Come and get your dinner - K, how did your day/exam/lesson go? - K!

Drives me nuts

As long as they are white, male, heterosexual, fully able, Christian, and an Irish national you'll be ok, otherwise you may find you're at least guilty of discrimination, if not being an ist and/or a phobe.

I hate people who say 'like' all the time.
I also hate people who are intolerant and people who generalise and people who dont use punctuation or know how to structure sentences properly.

As long as they are white, male, heterosexual, fully able, Christian, and an Irish national you'll be ok, otherwise you may find you're at least guilty of discrimination, if not being an ist and/or a phobe.

How can I tell if they say the offending word on the phone? You might think you'd be able to tell male/female apart but I've been burned on that one before...

Me too! The only problem is that after any lenght of time talking to someone from Cork who has the affliction I say it too! Should I then hate myself?

Should the title read 'discriminatory'? Damn you Purple! Now I'm checking my grammer instead of letting off steam!

Is it wrong to be this cranky on a Thursday?

Me too! The only problem is that after any length of time talking to someone from Cork who has the affliction I say it too! Should I then hate myself?
Self hate is not a good thing (but then again self love is a sin!) so don't do that. You have to get into the mind of Cork people in order to understand them so you are just doing your job properly there and that is laudable. The other group of people who say 'like' all the time is, like, teenage girls and, like, ohmygod, it's, like, so annoying!

Should the title read 'discriminatory'? Damn you Purple! Now I'm checking my grammer instead of letting off steam!
Don't ask me! What the hell would I know?

Is it wrong to be this cranky on a Thursday?
Not at all, get it out of your system or you will take it out on your family when you get home.

I also hate people who are intolerant and people who generalise and people who dont use punctuation or know how to structure sentences properly.

I know it's like soooo totally annoying like OH MY GOD!

"Is it discrimination to hate people who say 'super!' ?"

It could be a lot worse. They could constantly say "do you know what I mean" or "going forward".

[broken link removed]

I once dealt with a professional man from The Kingdom who prefaced everything he said with: "Look, lishten,..........."

Which didn't overly concern me except that I initially thought he was arguing with everything I was saying !!

Since this is a particularly pedantic thread I'll point out in advance that "lishten" is not a typo but a phonetic representation of what he was saying to me. Not that I'm a posh speaker by a long long stretch, I too suffer from putting a "h" after every "s" .

Everythime i read the word "super" in that thread I couldn't help think of [broken link removed]fella from South Park.