Is it considered ''wrong'' for a male to drive a Mini, even a not-so-girly one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Flanders and Lee. I had an Impreza as my first car a few years ago but have sort of grown out of that phase. Just saw a few nice Minis when I was in the States that were driven by guys and I thought they were nice. They had all the 'gear' etc.

Anyway, I just wanted a guage a reaction as I know that people in Eire aren't as openminded about things as they are back home! Flanders - I agree with the M3, it's a lovely car and I have considered it, but the only ones that catch my eye are located in the North.

Well I've had 2 Minis both Cooper S models, 04 and 06, in dark grey metallic - only available on the Cooper S, and can say with confidence that if you've ever driven one you wouldn't think it a girly car, they are terrific fun to drive and very fast indeed. The supercharger makes a lovely noise and if you get one with tan coloured leather seats and a panoramic roof then they don't seem small inside at all. Don't pay extra for satnav.

BUT, the boot is non-existent and they are only averagely reliable, if that. They are expensive to fix and the Cooper S drinks petrol, the 1.6 supercharged engine may be powerful but you pay for it at the pumps. The newer turbocharged model is more economical.

Yes, they are girlie and yes they are fantastic to drive. Mrs Purple had an MX-5 and I drove it more than she did (most fun I’ve ever had driving a car) and you don’t get much more girlie than that!
If you want one then go for it. Aside from a bit of slagging the odd time what’s the downside?

Status
Not open for further replies.