Is it considered ''wrong'' for a male to drive a Mini, even a not-so-girly one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulliver1

Hi guys

Just want to get some feedback from you.

Is it considered ''wrong'' for a male to drive a Mini, even a not-so-girly one, for example a nice black one with nice wheels etc.??

Thanks guys.

Re: Mini's

Do you mean an original Mini or the BMW MINI? If you don't understand the difference then maybe get the bus.

BTW the plural of Mini is Minis.

Last edited:

I am thinking of a 2006(ish) Mini Cooper 'S'.
If there are any decent, well mannered people out there who would mind answering my question, I would be grateful. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hi guys

Is it considered ''wrong'' for a male to drive a Mini, even a not-so-girly one, for example a nice black one with nice wheels etc.??

Thanks guys.

No! I'd love one meself but the dags wouldn't really fit
The supercharger makes a lovely sound too.

Loads around, but try to get one without the viper stripes. Every MINI has them nowadays. Go stealth, Black with black 18" wheels and tinted windows. You don't need no stinking badges either. The twin central pipes should be enough of a giveaway.

If it suits you why care what others think.My only concern would be whether it would be practical for my needs.I'm male and I love them but I need more space.

Is there a new, non-girly model going to released soon?

I guess it's not wrong for a man to drive a new Mini if his wife doesn't want to fill it with petrol herself or take it to the garage.

Seriously, why bother with a mini at all when you can get a better car for the same price? You're paying extra for the styling and as you seem to be aware of yourself, it's not styling aimed at the male market.

it is a little girly alright. Would you feel girly driving say a Ford Puma?

Thanks for the comments. I have just been looking around online at ones (especially in the U.S.) and there are some really nice ones, for example, black ones with huge rims, customised etc. (not in a boy-racer sort of way).. I just don't know how you would go about finding a similar one here seeing as though most of the ones here are a little "girly", cream ones especially.

They're not girly at all. Just make sure you colour co-ordinate the interior colours with your blouse!!

Aw man dont do it. Minis are crazily overpriced for a tiny car and they scream girly, I think.

You would probably think it was mad if you knew that I would be getting rid of a BMW 5 series MSport for the Mini!!

You would probably think it was mad if you knew that I would be getting rid of a BMW 5 series MSport for the Mini!!

Dont be embarrassed to declare that the MSport was too manly for you....go for the mini if it suits the new you....

Only jokin`....but yeah...it is girly.

if you guys think the mini is too girly for a man to drive, are there cars that you think are too "manly" for a woman to drive?

to the OP: if you're happy driving the mini, go for it. who cares what anyone else thinks.

drive safe!

Hi guys

Thanks guys.

Its girly to wear a mini, not to drive one...

ONQ.

when the new mini bmw came out it was very much considered a girls car but i dont think so now!! lately im noticing more men driving them than girls tbh.
i think a nice black one maybe but dont go ott with tints and all... the car looks great anyway i think all that ruins it.
ive a red mini cooper with white stripes, white roof and alloys, chrome trimmings inside and out but thats enough!

aside from apperance tho - it amazing to drive, and handles great...u defo wont look back if you get one!

oh an im a girl !!

LOL, that last post decides it! Everything colour-related detail was described but the model (Cooper S or bog standard) didnt enter the post. Ergo a girls car.

On the cars that are "male", I would propose the Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza, BMW M3, Nissan Skyline, Nissan GT-R and Volkswagen Jetta D) to name but a few (only my opinion as i'm sure there are loads of women who own some of the above cars).

Thanks for your replies. Still mulling it over... Just a bit bored of the BMW to be honest.

I did mention the model - Mini Cooper. Not Cooper S nor bog standard ! I only mentioned the colour and detail as the OP and other people had been discussing this in earlier replies. Deciding on colour, alloys or not and tints etc... Was only mentioning the detail of my own car to show how the extras were defo not needed! and in my opinion take away from the car!

Ha i have to laugh at your "male" suggestions!! Come on an Imprezza or Evo??? Ha he clearly likes the Mini and wanted peoples opinion on that car.. not silly cars for boys trying to be men!

Ha he clearly likes the Mini and wanted peoples opinion on that car.. not silly cars for boys trying to be men!

Yeah dinky cars for men trying to be girls

I only mentioned those as another poster asked what people thought were "male" cars - I think my opinions on the Mini are fairly clear! Anyway, i'm off for a pint.

Status
Not open for further replies.