Is interior designer worth it ?

KCT

I'm buying a new house with builder's finish, 2300 sq ft. I have €40,000 to finish it, that has to cover flooring, kitchen & bathrooms, light fittings etc. Is it worth getting an interior designer to come in with that sort of budget and what would they charge. Can anyone recommend someone good in the West.

Hi, I live in the west and I used a company called MFB Designs. I found their details on the golden pages web site. She did two city center apartments for me on a very tight buget. She works off any budget and her fee's aren't expensive.

get yourself to a good newsagents (easons or someone similar) and buy some interior magazines for some ideas on interior design..if you or someone you know has sky digital, have a look at the lifestyle programmes for ideas also.try the web for interior design software as well..its a bit cheaper than forking out for someone else to come up with the ideas if you can do it yourself.
Best of luck with yor project!

btw I have no connection with easons or sky..

d

I think if you're not confident in doing it yourself by all means get professional help. Not everyone is a good designer.