Is go slow the new doing your job?

thedaras

I ask this because at Dublin Airport,every now and then they may check an individuals passport.In other words on a rare occasion.

However today,they decided to do just that with every man woman and child.

The passports were taken from the person,checked in detail in slow motion and then handed back, whereas normally ,you hold up your passport with the photo showing and they nod at you.

This lead to a build up of the queue and a long wait.

I don't know if it is required of them to do so normally.

Or if they are participating in industrial dispute of some kind,which I wasn't aware of.

Sometimes,it is difficult to tell if they are on a go slow or just working normally.

Can anyone ,enlighten me as to ;

One; Are they required to check everyones passport?

Two; Are they required to check just the odd one here and there?

Three; Is there a go slow or WTR going on at Dublin airport?

Four; Did anyone know about it?

Are these the Airport Security Rentacops, the Immigration Keystones or A N Other Officious Ossifers?

The ones that sit in a booth and sometimes look up at you and nod in the general direction of your passport and with complete and utter disdain.

Maybe there should be a new, "Rule to Work ".:D

Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day, and do it really half-assed. That's the American way.

Homer Simpson

The excuses in passport control must all be Americans then. I have never seen such a sorry bunch of police officers in all my life. It makes me embarrassed to pass through one of our airports.

They sit there all unkempt. The shirt is often some off-white creamy colour with a badly worn neck and a tie straight from 1983. Some don't even put on a jacket. If they do, it's often tweed.

Then they just wave you through if you look Irish. They must only look at the odd passport.

I, for one, believe they should get a uniform and get to checking each and every passport.

Back