Is everyone on AAM loaded? (STB offshoot)

Lauren

[Moderator's note: I've split the following posts from qingdao's original post in the Great Financial Debates. Dr M.]

And if there are any single, loaded men out there, can they IM me! *rofl*

(Disclaimer: Not because I want their money but because I'm not willing to share mine!)

Re: Is everyone on AAM loaded?

Lauren said:
And if there are any single, loaded men out there, can they IM me! *rofl*

(Disclaimer: Not because I want their money but because I'm not willing to share mine!)

Ditto

mid thirties - seven figure net worth - but my wife might dispute your kind offers - ah well........

derryman said:
mid thirties - seven figure net worth - but my wife might dispute your kind offers - ah well........

yeah me too....€0,020,000. I'm loaded!

Derryman....any brothers of similar disposition? *lol*

Hi steel blue - as in life leading zeros are frequently just that - regards

derryman said:
Hi steel blue - as in life leading zeros are frequently just that - regards

huh?

Loaded with worries, loaded with questions, loaded with concerns.......but AAM is helping!

DrMoriarty said:
I sense a move to Shooting the Breeze coming on...(?)

That's where I moved it to initially, but changed my mind as I felt that the first few posts had more merit than StB issues. However subsequent posts seem to indicate otherwise.

Feel free Dr. M..................

I take full responsibility for lowering the tone. Apologies to all!

I guess we'll all be loaded before shooting the breeze?

Hi qingdao,

I for one am not loaded! But I think one of the great things about AAM for me was increasing my awareness regarding:

a) saving, and what my monthly salary was being spent on

b) using utilities available to me for example websites such as revenue.ie or services such as MABs, while Ive never had to go to MABs I have helped friends only by passing on information Ive learnt on this board.

Its definitely true that once you start to look after the pennies the pounds look after themselves. It took a while but now instead of loans Ive savings and my credit card is always clear. I do have a mortgage that I overpay every month to get the principle down, Im not loaded but following advice here Im in control of my finances. So it really is a great service and you dont have to be on a high salary to benefit from the site .

And aside from all that I also get to bicker with ClubMan.
Only messing ClubMan

casiopea said:
And aside from all that I also get to bicker with ClubMan.
Only messing ClubMan
You can now bicker with my arch nemesis Eliza - see my signature.

Maybe what people should do is post how much money they have. eg,
Mortgage and other debts = €250,000
Value of assets and savings = €35,000
Total worth = -€215,000

Other then can inspect the figures and compare them with their own wealth. We might be able to see who the richest is on AAM!

umop3p!sdn said:
Maybe what people should do is post how much money they have ..

If I do that it will leave me in positive territory, but my cash flow is a different story, despite having stripped it down to the bones.

So, what is loaded - asset rich/cash poor or cash rich/asset poor ?

What about time rich? A lot of postings on AAM show that people place a fairly high value on "quality" time.

Clubman, I did wonder how you posted so quickley but you've obviously got a random answer generator. Always challenging, always stimulating

Re: Health is Wealth.

And what about the fact that health is wealth. Unfortunately this doesn't hit home with most people this until they develop health problems

umop3p!sdn said:
Mortgage and other debts = €250,000
Value of assets and savings = €35,000
Total worth = -€215,000

That's a lot of mortgage for a very small house!