Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?

Our Log a fault form is currently unavailable
Our log a fault form is currently unavailable. If you would like to report a fault, please call us on 1901.

That what I've been getting from Eir for over a week while trying to report a fault online.

I have had a horrendous experience with EIR and their mobile BB service. Committed to a 12 month contract for mobile BB. Received the router and SIM card but could not get any coverage on it. Tried multiple times to contact tech support only to be sent to endless waits on lines that never got answered. Eventually decided I had enough of them and wanted to cancel in the 14 day cooling off period. Tried multiple routes to cancel but frustrated at every turn by EIR. No doubt in my mind a deliberate policy not to offer any cancellation but instead extort money by DD from customer account. Following advice on ComReg rang the EIR 1800 number listed there. Finally got through to cancellations team who told me they took all my details and logged the cancellation and would be through in 10 working days to collect the router. Needless to say it never happened. Then they stated by SMS text they would levy the DD on my account for a service they never provided. Called back their 1800 number after 10 days to demand cancellation but was told they had no record of my cancellation logged - this despite the fact on my fist call the person stated they had logged all details against my EIR customer number....but would give no reference number of the actual logged call. Then the person directed me back to the 1901 number again where as usual the call just ended automatically after a 20 minute wait. This is undoubtedly a deliberate attempt to frustrate my attemps to cancel my account. And for sure someone of them might see this and ask to call their 1800 or 1901 numbers again...only to go through the exact same garbage i have gone through for 3 weeks. I logged it again with ComReg and ask that they advise how i can escalate. Still ongoing. Also called my bank who advised how to cancel the DD but only after it had gone through the 1st time, and subsequently how to reclaim a DD from EIR via the SEPA DD Refund Form. Also contacted my local TD on this matter. I am absolutely determined to follow this all the way to the court if needed. EIR must be made an example of because obviously being hauled before the Dail has not been sufficient to stop their gangster behaviour. they are a disgrace and a bad let down to the name of any Irish company. For sure Three and Sky are far better options than this shower. Please be warned!!

I have had a horrendous experience with EIR and their mobile BB service. Committed to a 12 month contract for mobile BB. Received the router and SIM card but could not get any coverage on it. Tried multiple times to contact tech support only to be sent to endless waits on lines that never got answered. Eventually decided I had enough of them and wanted to cancel in the 14 day cooling off period. Tried multiple routes to cancel but frustrated at every turn by EIR. No doubt in my mind a deliberate policy not to offer any cancellation but instead extort money by DD from customer account. Following advice on ComReg rang the EIR 1800 number listed there. Finally got through to cancellations team who told me they took all my details and logged the cancellation and would be through in 10 working days to collect the router. Needless to say it never happened. Then they stated by SMS text they would levy the DD on my account for a service they never provided. Called back their 1800 number after 10 days to demand cancellation but was told they had no record of my cancellation logged - this despite the fact on my fist call the person stated they had logged all details against my EIR customer number....but would give no reference number of the actual logged call. Then the person directed me back to the 1901 number again where as usual the call just ended automatically after a 20 minute wait. This is undoubtedly a deliberate attempt to frustrate my attemps to cancel my account. And for sure someone of them might see this and ask to call their 1800 or 1901 numbers again...only to go through the exact same garbage i have gone through for 3 weeks. I logged it again with ComReg and ask that they advise how i can escalate. Still ongoing. Also called my bank who advised how to cancel the DD but only after it had gone through the 1st time, and subsequently how to reclaim a DD from EIR via the SEPA DD Refund Form. Also contacted my local TD on this matter. I am absolutely determined to follow this all the way to the court if needed. EIR must be made an example of because obviously being hauled before the Dail has not been sufficient to stop their gangster behaviour. they are a disgrace and a bad let down to the name of any Irish company. For sure Three and Sky are far better options than this shower. Please be warned!!
Ned, with respect - I found it easier to read the last 100 pages of Ulysses (Nora's Dream). If you broke the piece into paragraphs the reader would get a better handle on the post.

I always found it useful that when you get to talk to someone always get a Reference number which you can quote to them ,

Will I ever learn? Just sent this to our worst favourite CEO

"Dear Carolan,

The improvements to the telephone support were transitory it seems. 36 minutes on hold today before the call was dropped by your exchange or by the poor mobile service you supply me with.

I wanted to ensure that the Amazon Prime Service gets deleted from my account before the free period ends sometime this month, Feb 2021. I phoned back in January, the 26th to be precise about the same matter and disconnected the call myself after about 20 mins on hold. Could you possibly get someone to delete the service from my account before it starts costing me?

The TV service is becoming patchy lately with transmissions stalling, pictures freezing and pixellating and audio dropping from time to time, certainly not what I'd hoped for after having the set-top box etc replaced so recently.

The broad-band data-connection is unpredictable too. As a general rule, I get 2 to 3MB/sec download speeds but have observed speeds as high as 7 to 8MB/sec. However, late at night for no reason I can understand, I have recorded speeds as low as 70 or 80KB/s, good old-fashioned dial-up modem speeds. I understand that the location I'm downloading from can throttle speeds at times, but this is extreme.

As before, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely,"

I forgot to mention to her that I'd prefer not to be told told about the enhanced services available on the web-site when I'm on hold at their telephone exchange. If I could avail of the enhancements, I a) wouldn't have tried phoning and b) wouldn't be writing to her AGAIN!!!!!!

I have received a refund from Eir < €30 o/s from last summer. It was an ordeal to cease service and the refund chase was a worthy sequel. Something has changed and it has proved easier in 2021 using their social media. An agent rang me earlier this week, took my details and the refund was paid to me today. I am free of Eir now.

Still not seeing an improvement.

Three mins of recorded messages on 1901 this morning, two lots of menu choices, followed by a message that the call centre is closed and re-opens on Monday! Goodbye!

Gordon Bennet!

How difficult can it be

If (day = Friday & time > 18:00) or
(day = Saturday or Sunday) or
(day = Monday & time < 09:00)
then play "Closed Message"
else
play "We're Open Message
end-if

Does someone want to send this to Carolan

I rang Eir on Thursday to question my phone bill. I got through as soon as the usual mumbo- jumbo was finished , in about three mins. I was talking to a guy and everything was going well until about fifteen mins later I got cut off. There was no call back of course. Yesterday I rang and got through in about the same few mins. I told this other guy the story , he said who had been dealing with my query and would email him to ring me . I did not get any call back. I got the usual follow up survey to complete which I did and said that I was not at all happy but this , I am sure is deleted so I will have to wait until my next bill arrives to see if I need to ring again.
So the customer service is still very poor despite the promise of an improvement.

How difficult can it be

If (day = Friday & time > 18:00) or
(day = Saturday or Sunday) or
(day = Monday & time < 09:00)
then play "Closed Message"
else
play "We're Open Message
end-if

Does someone want to send this to Carolan
Think there is a bug in your if statement... should the call centre be open Mon 9oc to Fri 1800, day and night?

In short yes to your question, or otherwise, you spotted my deliberate mistake / bug (we used to refer to them as "undocumented features" back in history)! No point in giving Carolyn ALL the answers, make her work for a living!

What makes it even more frustrating is that I was told via on line chat, that my issue could only be resolved by a call to 1901.

So anyone cheerfully leaving voicemail messages for me won't get a reply till the issue is resolved; and I have little hope that will be soon.

Some options on the automated call centre number might operate 24/7 ?
It's easy enough to update the auto answer to say, call centres are closed, but you can resolve XYZ issues via website or whatever.

But this is eir @Thirsty, you can't, even getting the web-site to finish the log-in process (to my own account) is a struggle. "Whatever" may in time work better than their phone lines or web-site, but I've never tried it.

@mathepac - for my original issue, which is when I started this thread, I had to complain to ComReg to get it (sort of) resolved.

Eir continued to send bills & ignored my letters; in the end, I put 'Return to Sender' on the envelope and put it back in the post. Haven't had any since.

I'm going to give Eir some credit:- In their recorded answering service they state "Our Call Centre . . . " This is the first time in the history of the state that a Call Centre called itself a Call Centre. It's a first!

It gets even better.

Calling 1901 this morning, 10 seconds of silence and then disconnects.

My latest commuiqué with our comrade, Carolyn, CEO of eir.

"Dear Carolyn,

I see you managed to ignore my last communication about my free Amazon Prime Video trial subscription, activated via my eir account.

I asked in my previous email to you that you cancel it before it became a chargeable item. I can't say I was too surprised to see the €5.99 charge appear on my latest bill. I mean this is eir after all and you are the CEO who criticised her own staff publicly for the poor customer service.

In a vain attempt to be helpful, I contacted Amazon as well to cancel the free trial subscription. Guess what - I was referred to eir, the one time amazon has disappointed me customer service-wise in years!.

Please cancel my subscription and refund me the charges for it in my current bill and confirm that you have done so. Common business courtesy etc.

Thanks"

That was on Tuesday, 2 days ago. Today I got a call from a male on Carolyn's staff, apologising for their oversight and promising me €20 credit off my next bill.

Now if only they'd deal with the lack of 4G locally, the slow broadband speeds late at night and the TV package the freezes, pixellates, and loses sound regularly. OH and stop sending 5G ads.

Back