Is eir the worst company in Ireland for customer service?

Bonkers is just one offer site. They promote whichever company pays a commission as far as I see.

Have you checked the ‘offers’ page on here. This is not an offers post. I expect it’s updately regularly.

Please confirm the rule that allows users here to promote sites/ offers...

Can you please answer the question on rough location and rate you are paying?

I’m in Dublin ..

I understand this is not the correct page for offers and i’m mindful of AAM rules ..
Is there a page with all the comparison sites for updates on offers / recommendations?

My separate post ‘give Eir a second chance’ regarding customer service was closed by Brendan and sent here ..

Last edited:
There was no need for two forums on the same subject, to be fair.
But why not answer the question

I just got a credit in my latest EIR bill of € 34.79 - for EU Calls refund credit - no idea what that was for but, hey! :)

the Eir offer for unlimited fibre broadband is €25.85 per month - 1 year - new customers ...
Is this the offer you got? Even though you were an existing customer?

Because you said earlier that you saved 240 compared to the next cheapest. So you should be getting it for less than a tenner a month for that to be true...

Red onion. Best wishes with your 120 a year offer. Share it please with rest of the forum ? Alas you refused to share your own offer details previously... as I said my bb is less than 26 euro / month... which is unavailable from any other provider in 2020 or 2021...

I don’t just have bb - but no point to bore you with the details as comparison will be more difficult as we all have different package requirements.

Last edited:
I don’t just have bb - but no point to bore you with the details as comparison will be more difficult as we all have different package requirements.
Well you were the one to ask
How much should one pay for bb/ mobile / basic tv / hone phone per month ?

I find it odd that someone would come onto a site like this and boast about a great deal that they got but won't provide any details ?????

But it does remind me of a holiday many years ago that we were on, we did one of those day tours visiting the local attractions
and as usual we stopped off at a gift, local crafts type shop, you know the type where you have to haggle to get the best deal
Somebody on the bus asked the tour guide what would be an acceptable discount to expect when haggling
The tour guide said around 25 to 30 % would be the normal but she followed up with a little bit of advise I've never forgotten
"Never ask another person how much they paid for something as they will always have paid less or got a better deal than you"

as I said my bb is less than 26 euro / month... which is unavailable from any other provider in 2020 or 2021...

Funny, when I phoned Eir that price wasn't available to me. €29.99 was the best they'd do for new customer on 150 meg plan. That's also the cheapest plan that Eir themselves are advertising at the moment even for non-FTTH plans, If not staff then family discount? Wait, are you talking pre-VAT prices????

Funny, when I phoned Eir that price wasn't available to me. €29.99 was the best they'd do for new customer on 150 meg plan. That's also the cheapest plan that Eir themselves are advertising at the moment even for non-FTTH plans, If not staff then family discount? Wait, are you talking pre-VAT prices????
Leo,

I suspect its not FTTH. They had an offer via a 3rd party, 29.99 with 50 euro cashback.
It's not unheard of for Eir to match this themselves, which works out at that price.

Meanwhile, Vodafone are currently offering 500Mb FTTH, with no install costs, for 30 per month at the moment.

Leo,

I suspect its not FTTH. They had an offer via a 3rd party, 29.99 with 50 euro cashback.
It's not unheard of for Eir to match this themselves, which works out at that price.

I did go through their site to get a quote for a DSL package, but they still quoted €29.99 for that. Bonkers doesn't show cashback offers as far as I know, so not sure why DublinMarket are so disparaging of them not doing so when Eir don't either.

Meanwhile, Vodafone are currently offering 500Mb FTTH, with no install costs, for 30 per month at the moment.

Yep, that's what I'm on :D

I did go through their site to get a quote for a DSL package, but they still quoted €29.99 for that.
Yes, the official pricing is 29.99.
The cashback is a short term special offer via an 'aggregation' website that make commission on the sales.

It’s only energy products that are subject to rules on price comparison sites, and even then only if the site seejs accreditation from CRU. There's are lots of sites without accreditation making commission on promoting service providers.

Strap yourselves in and prepare to be horn-swaggled. It's not that I deliberately chose to ignore my own advice or that of the knowledgeable contributors, but I emailed this today:

"Dear Carolyn,

I know I've written to you in the past and you got the rough edge of my keyboard about eir's products and customer service as experienced by me.

Relax please, this is a different type of communication and I want to commend you and your staff for the changes you have made.

I rang customer services today and after a relatively short wait, got through to probably the best technical services contact person I've ever encountered. Much to my shame, I missed her name as I switched my phone from the speaker back to earpiece.

The lady who took my call was relaxed, courteous (not in any contrived, cringy way, but like the capable Irish-woman she is). She was knowledgeable, patient, and well prepared for the call. She was able to tell me I had an old modem/router and arranged for a new one to be dispatched to me during the call to avail of my fiber-to-cabinet connection. Modem delivery promised for two days hence as there are crews in the area.

She got my Apple TV reset and up and running pronto and it was a pleasure dealing with someone of her calibre. How many callers to a tech support line would volunteer that information?

As I experienced during this call, we, Irish businesses and people, have the ability to build and supply the best customer experiences in the world, particularly in the post-sales phase, critical to customer retention.

Well done to your colleague and thanks,

mathepac
Tel: eir 4G since last week."

Back