Is credit card only card type for PayPal

Sn@kebite

Hi guys, I was just wondering if CC are the only way to set up a Paypal account.
What about Laser?
I e-mailed the customercare but no answer been 9 days now.
Any opinions or other help much appreciated.
Thanx...

Looking at my account it looks like they only take VISA, MasterCard or AMEX credit and debit cards. Doesn't look like they accept Laser.

Didn't Laser transactions always have to be "card holder present" so Laser could never be used for any kind of telephone transaction? I could be wrong but I thought that was true of all debit cards. Has this changed?

Didn't think so. I don't remember a time when Laser was not accepted for online payments by some sites.

I currently have a temporary visa (3v) card loaded into paypal.
I can make payments as usual, just like it's a permanent cc.
However, I don't know if a cc is needed to recieve payment/tranfer money from the paypal a/c to my AIB current a/c.

Before I contact paypal and/or 3v.ie: Does anyone know if I need a proper cc to do these 2 tasks?

I doubt that 3V cards can accept such transfers/payments but I could be wrong and can't see anything that clarifies the situation in the 3V terms & conditions. I presume that you are aware that there is a charge for redeeming credit on 3V cards?

Didn't Laser transactions always have to be "card holder present" so Laser could never be used for any kind of telephone transaction? I could be wrong but I thought that was true of all debit cards. Has this changed?

I paid my motor tax online the other day with my laser card so you don't have to be present to use it.

I doubt that 3V cards can accept such transfers/payments but I could be wrong and can't see anything that clarifies the situation in the 3V terms & conditions.
I says [broken link removed] that you can setup a bank a/c. And yet when I got to the 'Add Funds' and try to, I can't. I'll look into this further...
ClubMan said:
I presume that you are aware that there is a charge for redeeming credit on 3V cards?
Yes - but i never do because i calculate it properly and know what im going to buy so it only leaves a euro or so over. So ther'es no point in claiming it.

I just added my main PTSB current account to my PayPal account no problem.

I just added my main PTSB current account to my PayPal account no problem.
Could that be because you have activated the expanded use option? (which i think costs a small fee?)
Or do you have a different type of a/c to me? I have a personal.

Ah - yes. My account is personal but verified (cost nothing - they did a test charge and the refund of some nominal amount using my CC) so I have expanded use privileges. So maybe that's the difference?

I doubt that 3V cards can accept such transfers/payments but I could be wrong and can't see anything that clarifies the situation in the 3V terms & conditions. I presume that you are aware that there is a charge for redeeming credit on 3V cards?
Well i see that you can add/remove CCs to the system so maybe 3V cards could be used in the same way? It's just that rebilling monthly would cause a problem, but proper CCs may be use in exact same way.
Ah - yes. My account is personal but verified (cost nothing - they did a test charge and the refund of some nominal amount using my CC) so I have expanded use privileges. So maybe that's the difference?
So you can add/w/d funds now as normal? If i could keep my main balance topped up via my bank a/c, i could use that instead of CCs, I think.

Could you register the 3V card and then do some sort of test transaction of a nominal amount?

Just be aware that if you change ur CC number too often with Paypal by using a multiple number of 3V's they may block your account without any notice: One of the things they want to be able to do is charge back to ur account in the case of a complaint if u are a seller. The 3V does not facilitate that, which is useful.

What do you mean? Is there a problem with registering the 3V card or something?
Registering the 3V is fine. It's the test transaction that was confusing me.
I figured it out now though and i cant use it because 3Vs aren't authentic to a specific bank a/c.
But I emailed and they told me that i can become a verified paypal user if i can prove I have a local bank a/c and have loaded it into paypal. But i've yet to be told what evidence I need to provide.