Is Budget Travel Sale the best around?

oldtimer

Each year I bring the grandchildren on foreign sun holiday in May/June. Have been browsing the various holiday websites am wondering is the heavily advertised 'Budget Travel Sale' the best around? Unless I am missing something I do not think so. I cannot find any free child places - Falcon and Sunworld have plenty of them. They have several surcharges to the advertised prices. An extra one which I have never seen before is a €12 fare for transport from the Airport to accomodation. Friends keep telling ' Budget Travel are the best but are they?

am wondering is the heavily advertised 'Budget Travel Sale' the best around?
Just because it's heavily advertised? Probably not. Especially since they have to recoup the heavy advertising costs somehow!

Going May and June you should be able to pick up an apartment/villa much cheaper than any Tour Operator's price.

Use the low cost airlines and I guarantee you will get the cheapest overall price anywhere.

I'm retired so I do this several times a year. The first time is a gamble into the unknown, but after, you seldom use the Tour Operators again except for knock-down bargains. PM or email me and I will supply more info.

Leper - that sounds interesting. Perhaps you could do up a key post giving people some tips on how best to rill their own package? I've tried it once or twice but could never come close the a similar package deal. I got the impression that it was a good way to do things if you were heading off the beaten track or maybe didn't have kids in tow?

Back