Is anyone with Chorus?

witchymand

Hi,
I was thinking of switching over to Chorus for my digital tv and also phone package, but would love to hear other peoples experience with them.
Thanks

I use their digital TV (not the phone). Its fine and you still have access to the analogue for other connection points. It was a no brainer really, only about a €2-3 increase for the digital per month...My hope in the future is to switch broadband to them and drop the telephone line (i.e something like blueface).

Folks have had Chorus in Wicklow for years for their analogue TV. The servive has always been diabolical - Recpetion is constantly going - and the customer service is useless. I hear people complain a lot about NTL, and in my experience - NTL are a thousand times better. Never had a problem with them in 3 years.

Have had Chorus digital TV in Cork for the past 10 months and absolutely no problems. We had the Chorus/Irish Multichannel analogue service for years before this so we've had many dealings with them.

Their customer service was dreadful up to 3 or 4 years ago but they then got their act together and it has been excellent since. Phonecalls are answered promptly and installation/repair servicemen have showed up on time.

Have to agree with that. My folks had Chorus for years, calling the service dibolical is being nice about it. At one stage they sent out an "engineer" to investigate the poor reception, his solution was to install a signal amplifier. Unfortunately he wraped the sheilding of the coax cable on the output from this amp around the inner core, so the amp was driving a short circuit. This led to sparks flying in the attic...very dangerous.
Leo

It's all true - the service is abysmal and there are constant faults. I've complained several times and have received credits when it's off for more than one day at a time.

My parents have Chorus Analogue and never once had a problem. I got in Digital a few months ago and have to say the reception is excellent (but I think this is down to the fact that I'm very near a booster) but the Customer Service is absolutely diabolical as said before. Without going in to the whole saga, I had to ring them 101 times before I got a call returned to me. It's not good enough. I'm very tempted to switch to Sky but will hold on another month and see as I have crystal clear reception with Chorus and am very happy with that.

I dropped Chorus about 3 years ago as I found they were the worst company I had ever dealt with. I'm surprised they haven't gone bust yet. Now I live happily in 4-channel analogue TV land with no monthly or yearly cable-tv bills. I would recommend anyone to try it and you’d be surprised how little you miss the other channels.

Hi I am on Chorus digital, the first few weeks I had it installed we had a couple of nights were it went off but for the last few months it has been fine.
I use to have NTL which in my opinion had a better selection plus a few nice features like, Reminders etc
I have one weird issue that I will open a new thread for

Had loads of problems with Chorus (Digital service). Dont have phone service with them.

My family are at the point now if a channel just freezes or the picture is distorted (AGAIN), just sigh and say "Its gone again" and go off and do something else instead.

We dont even bother calling the helpdesk anymore. In teh past we must have logged about 20 problems/complaints so far and had about 4 different engineers out over the last year. Never turn up when they said they would.

One engineer managed to disconnect our upstairs second connection and then refuse to reconnect - even though it didn't solve the problem we had called him out for. Which led to a huge ongoing row with Chorus.

We are still with them !! Not sure what the better alternative is ? (In KK)

Tubbs said:
We dont even bother calling the helpdesk anymore. In teh past we must have logged about 20 problems/complaints so far and had about 4 different engineers out over the last year. Never turn up when they said they would.
If you don't have an alternative to Chorus in your area - you need to step up your requests to get the service you're paying for!

I got fed-up calling as well and then faxed the Customer Service Manager - Marie Barker on 061 272777. Got an immediate response and a credit. Even got a call a couple of days later from Barry Murphy, Team Leader Customer Service, to check if everything was ok.

The service has been better lately, hope I'm not tempting fate as the weekend is nigh!

Tubbs, my folks (in KK) switched over to Sky a couple of years ago, not a single problem since.
Leo

Had a major fall out with them a few years ago when my reception was out. No reception for 2 months on analogue. They couldn't sort it and said I'd have to change to digital at an increased cost. I'd paid for the year and told them I wanted a refund if they couldn't resore service so they gave me digital for a year free after a good fight.

I want BBC1,2 UTV Ch4.Now I see you can get these on freeview (bought a Lidl Comag system all in for 99 yoyos) and while you don't get exactly the same BBC. You get most of it and more for free. Cutting my service with them as soon as I get it on the roof.