Is anyone else dissatisfied with Halifax online banking?

K

Krew Bot

I am a little disappointed with Halifax.ie online banking. Excluding the very annoying fact that credit card transactions cannot be viewed online, why does it take up to a week for the online system to update ATM transactions?

This is the response I got from Halifax after I emailed them inquiring when they would introduce the function of viewing CC transactions online.

I write in response to your email in which you expressed dissatisfaction regarding not being able to view your credit card transactions online.
At Halifax we provide an online banking service for the Halifax Current and Flexi Saver accounts. Once customers are registered, they can view the balance of all of their Halifax accounts. At present, we do not offer a full online banking facility for our credit card customers. Therefore, unfortunately at the moment, customers are unable to view their credit card transactions online.
We do intend to have the full online banking service in the future, however, I am unable to provide you with a definite date as to when this service will be available. Our online banking division are passionate that we meet our customer needs and this will help ensure this development receives the priority it deserves.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this delay may cause you.
If you have any queries regarding your credit card account, you can contact our Credit Card Customer Services line for this information. The contact numbers are 1890 882 700 or 042-9310606. Their opening hours are Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm. Saturday: 9am - 5pm. Sunday: 10am - 4pm.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Customer feedback allows the Halifax, to gain insight to customer perceptions of the company’s policies and procedures. All feedback allows us to develop and review working practices and company policies and this is an invaluable tool in the development of high quality standards.
You will find attached a copy of our Customer Complaints leaflet explaining our complaint procedures.

I trust my response has resolved your concerns to your satisfaction. However, should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right. We are keen to resolve your concerns, however if we are unable to do so we will provide you with details of how you can contact the Financial Services Ombudsman for help.

If you would like to discuss your concerns, please telephone me on

Yours sincerely,

I am very happy with their online banking and phone support but don't use their ATM or credit cards. I have another current account for day to day stuff like Laser/ATM transactions.

Don't get me wrong, I find their phone and branch support to be excellent. Last week I made a withdrawal in one of their branches and the teller must have chatted to me for at least ten minutes plus there are never any queues when I go in.

Hardly, but its a change from dealing with AIB, BOI and NIB who in my experience barely acknowledge the customer, in both personal and commercial banking.

Personally I don't really care about them not engaging in small talk or passing the time of day with me as long as they execute the service efficiently and professionally. On the other hand I probably only visit branch offices of the various banks with whom I have accounts a handful of times a year in total so it's not a great part of my social life.

i find halifax branch staff talk a lot too. i have met some queues though.

I bank with Halifax.co.uk and can view my cc transactions and even pay of the balance on-line by transfering money from my current acc into the cc acount so why can't this be done in Ireland. It's the same company.

Back