Is AAM causing problems in the workplace?

D

dermot2006

I have to ask how come so many people on this board have so much time to be on this website. Obvioulsy, alot of people are viewing this website when they are supposed to be working, which shows us how unproductive so many irish staff are? Passing the time on this website until they are due to go home from work? From an employers point, it would be very frustrating if you thought you were paying staff to play on AAM!

Guilty as charged!

The nature of my job means I can have quiet 7.5hr days or 10+hr days where I barely squeeze in lunch. Use of the web varies accordingly.

dermot2006 said:
I have to ask how come so many people on this board have so much time to be on this website.

Well you will have to spend a bit more time on it to discuss this issue, as it belongs in Shooting The Breeze.

Moved by CCOVICH (while at work).

dermot2006 said:
I have to ask how come so many people on this board have so much time to be on this website.
Maybe some of us don't work (in the conventional sense that is)? :rolleyes:

dermot2006 said:
Obvioulsy, alot of people are viewing this website when they are supposed to be working, which shows us how unproductive so many irish staff are?
Not necessarily obvious at all. Different people have different arrangements at work for such non work related activities - e.g. making up the hours in other ways.
From an employers point, it would be very frustrating if you thought you were paying staff to play on AAM!
If such activity is a problem for specific employers or in breach of their internet acceptable usage policies then they are free to deal with the issue.

I don't have time during the day to browse AAM at all. It's rare i would post during office hours - I tend to have a quick browse in the evenings/weekends when I'm at home.

Back