Is 80,000 miles a lot on a used Ford Galaxy?

Toby

We do very low mileage so won't add much to whatever we buy but we want to keep it for a long time.

Can any experts advise me is 80,000miles a lot on a 1.8 Diesel 2007 Ford Galaxy?

Thanks

We do very low mileage so won't add much to whatever we buy but we want to keep it for a long time.

Can any experts advise me is 80,000miles a lot on a 1.8 Diesel 2007 Ford Galaxy?

Thanks

On its own 80,000 miles is not a lot for a well maintained diesel.

However it is above the average for a '07 car.

I think 12,000 miles a year is average.

A 3 year old diesel with 80,000 miles is at least double the average but should still have many miles/years left in it, particularly in your low usage circumstances.

Even if its kilometres it’s still high at 50,000.

I would expect to pay a lot less for a car with high mileage.

But if the price reflects the high mileage, then I don't see a problem.

Thanks,

yes its definitely miles

And yes the price seems okay for the high mileage, with some negotiation

We're unlikely to do more than 2-3 thousand a year but we don't want to buy something on the verge of giving trouble! I know its hard to predict though.

Doing only 2 - 3 thousand a year could lead to problems on a diesel engine
partical filter will probably clog frequently

Doing only 2 - 3 thousand a year could lead to problems on a diesel engine
partical filter will probably clog frequently

I've never heard that - really? What would the effect of this be? Haven't had a problem with the diesel we have now but I'd love to hear more detail about this.

Would a petrol fare better?

I've never heard that - really? What would the effect of this be? Haven't had a problem with the diesel we have now but I'd love to hear more detail about this.

Would a petrol fare better?

TBH I don't know a lot about it but it was one thing I was warned about when I was buying a diesel but that was when I said my milage would only be about 10000 miles per year. So you doing 2000 or 3000 would be even worse if it's true.

I Googled "Diesel Short Trip" & there's plenty of discussion from people more knowledgeable than me on the subject.

Interesting, will start a different post about this, thanks for raising it.