Irwins Castleblaney: What brands of laminate flooring do they stock?

Lulu123

Does anyone know what makes of laminate flooring Irwins stock. I phoned them and asked them but for some reason they wouldnt disclose the brand names.
I just wanted to check to see if I had priced anything similar here in Dublin that I could compare it with before travelling.

Anyone know? I am looking for a high grade like Quick Step or Pergo (that kind of quality)

Thanks
Lulu123

Re: Irwins Castleblaney

I phoned them and asked them but for some reason they wouldnt disclose the brand names.

Strange. AFAIK they usually stock "known" brands - maybe the individual in question just didn't know? I'd try phoning them again later and maybe you'll get someone else.

Before travelling here, have you looked at Balterio, or there is another good range, either by Phloor or Floorwise (cant remember which), is quite good too. It is stocked in Budget Tiles & Decor (well worth having a look) for a very reasonable price (far cheaper than I have seen elsewhere)!

Its actually Kaindl

Here's the website

www.kaindl.com

I think it was the Kaindl One that was quite good!

Thanks MandaC just phoned the Ballyfermot branch but they said they dont stock Kaindl. Which branch did you see it in.

I haven't really seen any Balterio one I like but judging from the Kaindl website its more what I am looking for.

Probabaly will just make the trip to Irwins on Sat morning to check out their stock.

Did you search Irwins on this site? they seem to get a few results, brands might be mentioned too.

They do stock some of the Kaindl range (one I was looking at was oak) and it was there(Ballyfermot) and in the Longmile Road Branch. They had it for €16.90 or €15.90 sq yrd and it was €18.95+ sq yrd else where.

There is also another flooring place just around the corner from the Budget Decor - Floor Design, Kylemore Park North, Dublin 10, who had quite a good selection, I remember one or two of the darker range of colours which were particularly realistic and I would not have been able to tell the difference between them and real wood (and I am a fusspot) I think it was one of the Balterio exotics, though I cant really remember.I think they only open a half day on Saturday.

There was also a place called Ark Gallery in Greenogue Industrial Estate, Rathcoole who had a fair selection, some of which were expensive enough, though.

It was about 2 -3months ago that I started looking for laminate for 2 bedrooms, so I have looked in so many places that I cant remember where I saw what. My head was melted with it!

Oh I am the same MandaC, have seen loads and cant remember one from the other. Have about 5 samples and keep changing my mind.
I am impressed with how realistic they look, we have a 2 year old boy and plan to have more kids so there is no point getting fabulous solid wood at the moment as it wouldnt last long so laminate seems like the best option. I need 60 sq m of the stuff so its pretty pricey.

I will check out those places you recommended. What type did you go for in the end?

Because I have solid oak down stairs (€95 per sq yrd, not paying that for upstairs) I wanted to get something upstairs not a million miles away from it, so went with one of the Balterio oak's (can't remember which)

Its not down yet, getting it down over the next 2-3 weeks, so will see how it comes out. .

The flooring suppliers in Kylemore Park had a fair enough selection at various prices, as did the place in Greenogue

www.arkgallery.ie

Ark Gallery are quite helpful on the phone, so you could ring and see what ranges and colours they have and then look it up on suppliers website to get an idea of colours. Happy shopping. Have you phoned Irwins to get rough prices. I had heard they were competitive, but I had only 30 sq m, so not really worth going for a couple of Euros per sq m.

Definitely head wrecking stuff. Am getting my back garden done next, so that is my pet project and source of head wrecking stuff now!

update: Went to Castleblaney today to look at the laminate. And for the same price as Des Kelly's laminate they had solid champakka walnut. Looks fab and delivery is only another 100. Well worth the 2 hours out of our lives to get there.

Back